Friday, July 15, 2011

Pink Champagne cupcakes

So my Aunt Bonnie's 80th birthday is coming up and I am in charge of the cake/cupcakes!  My aunt is the most wonderful giving person I know and when it comes to what she wants in a cake, her words were "whatever is easiest".  I'm sure it would be easy for me to just make white and chocolate cupcakes, but she deserves so much more.  I'm on a quest to find the 4 best summer cupcakes I can find!  I found several Pink Champagne cupcake recipes and tried two of them, one from http://www.foodjunkie.com/ and one from youtube (I can't remember which one, but I'll post when I do)  The one from foodjunkie was a homemade from scratch and the other was from a cake mix.

The cupcake on the left "B" is from the cake mix and the one on the right "A" is from scratch.  The frosting was almost the same, but "A" was kinda runny.  I have to admit I really didn't care for the flavor, but this is not for me...., but if I had to choose I would choose "B".  On to the next one....

No comments:

Post a Comment