Friday, July 1, 2011

Club-Baked first recipe

So today is our first of many new recipes that Club-Baked are testing on the 1st and 15th every month and our host is Karen at http://www.karenscookiescakesnmore.com/.  Our recipe was for NY Coffee cake and boy did it make a huge cake.  Most recipes are for and 8x8, but this one made 9x13 (not good when your trying to diet).


Doesn't it look yummy?  Well, my family had a hard time waiting the 30 minutes it took to cool before digging into it.  Hubby, and both kids loved it!!!



It had tons of topping which we all loved.  I had made this last night and when I got up this morning to cut a piece for the hubby to take to work well, lets just say it didn't look like it did when I went to bed!!!!  I'm guessing this recipe is a keeper!



So, if your interested in making this NY coffee cake or any of the other recipes, join us at http://club-baked.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderful 4th of July!!! 

10 comments:

  1. Yours looks amazing! Glad everyone enjoyed it. Thank you for baking along with me and looking forward to many BAKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a huge cake, but so tasty! It goes perfect with my morning coffee although perhaps I should be eating a more healthful breakfast. My hubby's got some in his lunch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...it's always a good sign when the goodies magically disappear. :) Your cake looks delicious. I loved this recipe and agree it is definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Debbie! Yours looks like mine (still need to post it!). Did you find that the crumb topping was a bit too crunchy? I baked it like it said in the little note and I think I overdid it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I make a recipe and the fam loves it. Don't you? Seems like yours was pretty pleased with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made half the cake because I was afraid to have so much, in the house, for me to sneak pieces from. That is one tempting cake. I am glad your family enjoyed it so much. That is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree...this made a dangerously tempting cake, even halved in our house. Your cake looks great and is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOKS GREAT! Loved the topping as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made muffins because I didn't want to have the whole cake around the house. We loved it!! Yours looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha... mine wouldn't have looked the same either. I'm much like Julie. I'm glad I made mine into muffins because I'm a "just a little bit more" type of person :) Glad you liked the cake!

    ReplyDelete